Life is so good lived with the Lord Jesus, I want to share it with you! My title, "It Was Given to Me," comes from 1 Corinthians 4:7. All that I have was given to me by God! Isn't that a great way to live? I invite you to come along on the journey with me!

Friday, May 25, 2012

SOS for R&R

I'm war weary. My brother and I both showed up to cheer Mom on at supper, and my battle fatigue was obvious. Mom started packing up all the food she hadn't eaten. My brother's and my reaction was quite different.He said, "sure, Mom, take it back to your room!" In my mind, I saw those stacks of to-go boxes in her room. I remembered her rolls, toast and other bits of food stashes in her chair, her bookcase and, of course, her walker pouch. I was reminded of a conference with the director of her assisted living place, discussing how Mother's stashing of food was a bug and rodent hazard. My reply was, "No, Mom. You CANNOT take it back with you!" She pointed out the bird houses that don't really exist. He turned around and started looking. I whispered, "Remember A BEAUTIFUL MIND?" I really need a vacation. I'm losing perspective, Lord. Give me your eyes to see. May I have time to regain the love her the way you love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment