Life is so good lived with the Lord Jesus, I want to share it with you! My title, "It Was Given to Me," comes from 1 Corinthians 4:7. All that I have was given to me by God! Isn't that a great way to live? I invite you to come along on the journey with me!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

To the Least of These

To be honest, I don't want to visit my mother today. For over six weeks, I have attended to her in her apartment, in the hospital and in rehab. She's getting cranky. She snaps back at me. She piles everything she hasn't eaten into a paper napkin after a meal and hands it to me, "So it won't go to waste." It looks like garbage to me, but I take it and ditch it into a garbage can on the way out. She needs help, but won't let me help her because I don't do it like the therapist told her to. But she can't remember how the therapist told her to do it, and we have to call the nurse for help.

I must be just like this to Jesus. He's there constantly, yet I snap at Him, asking why He has allowed this or that in my life. I'm ungrateful for what He has given me. I often treat the gift like garbage. I want to do things my way, not wanting help. Then I end up calling on Him, because I really can't do life myself.

I'll go, and I'll smile, and I'll kiss her wrinkled face. Jesus takes me as I am. Mother is just "one of the least of these," today.

No comments:

Post a Comment