Life is so good lived with the Lord Jesus, I want to share it with you! My title, "It Was Given to Me," comes from 1 Corinthians 4:7. All that I have was given to me by God! Isn't that a great way to live? I invite you to come along on the journey with me!

Thursday, August 20, 2015

End of a Hurricane

Here it is. What looks like the end of this storm of the summer. The oncologist said that all fifteen doctors on the board agreed that no treatment would be needed to follow up my mammogram! He dismissed me as a patient, saying that I no longer needed an oncologist.

God is so good!! Would he still be good if I had had to have chemo? Yes. Would He still be good if the cancer had killed me this time? Yes. Will He always be good? YES!!

My friend Mimi lost her battle with cancer last weekend. Is God still good? Yes! She would say the same as she delights in His presence! She is forever with the Savior she loved.

 It's devastating to her family and friends here with our feet firmly planted on this clay planet. She didn't want to leave her family. With her kind heart, she never would have wanted her husband, daughter and son to go through any pain. Certainly pain on this scale. They will always miss her vibrant personally and enthusiasm for life.

Mimi is basking in the presence of Him who loves her more than any of us here on earth ever could. And she knows His goodness. And that His plan is good. And that being in his presence, free of sadness and pain, is worth it all.

2 comments:

  1. Good news Barbara. And, yes, God is still good. He is good today when things are looking brighter and He will be good for us tomorrow when trouble comes again, for it will come. Our hope is in the One who will be Victor today and will be Victor when all the battles are over. Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennifer! So true! God and I have walked so closely together this summer... It's been worth it for that!

    ReplyDelete