Life is so good lived with the Lord Jesus, I want to share it with you! My title, "It Was Given to Me," comes from 1 Corinthians 4:7. All that I have was given to me by God! Isn't that a great way to live? I invite you to come along on the journey with me!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"Football Fever"

My husband is in the other room in his comfort zone: watching ESPN reruns of college football games. That's as much a feel-better action for him as a huge bowl of ice cream is to me. 

As I listen to the roaring crowds, many of whom left this world before the century turned, I realize that this breast cancer thing affects people around me too. Where is he in his mind? How is this affecting him emotionally? 

Oh, that's right, men don't have emotions, do they? Not! I guess this staunch masculine stance makes it even harder to deal with crises. In fact, one of the only ways our culture allows men to express their feelings is during sporting events. Now that makes sense. Feel something, then cheer it out watching football! 

Lord, help me to be sensitive to the people who love me, those around me during this journey. Key me in to what I can do to make it easier for them, as you hold me, safe and secure, in Your fortress, shielded by Your faithfulness, as I read in Psalm 91:1-4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment