Life is so good lived with the Lord Jesus, I want to share it with you! My title, "It Was Given to Me," comes from 1 Corinthians 4:7. All that I have was given to me by God! Isn't that a great way to live? I invite you to come along on the journey with me!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Good-bye , Mother


The God I love and serve times everything perfectly. I may not be able to understand His reasons, but I know He can be trusted. His taking Mother home in the midst of my cancer experience is allowed by His loving heart for His reasons. So, resting in His secure hands, I say goodbye to Mother.

She had been in hospice for a year and a half in a wonderful healthcare facility in Somerville. Visits with her were interesting at the very least. In her dementia, she imagined herself to have been places. She said several times that she had been to England. At that moment, I saw the mercy of God. He was allowing her to have great adventures in her mind, rather than dwell on the fact that she had a broken body that wouldn't allow her to get out of bed.

No matter what, Mom was always delighted to see me. Never will I thrill someone so much just by showing up. Now she is in the presence of the God we both know. Surely there was never a delight here on earth that even begins to match her joy there!

No comments:

Post a Comment